Sunday, May 4, 2008

Day 3 in China - Beijing

Hello All,

We enjoyed day 3 of Beijing today. The weather was great today. Beautiful and a cool breeze. We started this morning at the International church service. I enjoyed it very much. We had to show our passports to get in. It was a very interesting service. A lot of different nationalities. We had an Australian speaker, Tazanian Pastor, and American Singers all of which where Christians. After the church service we went to lunch. Guess what we had?? If you guessed Chinese you would be correct!! More Chinese for lunch. Although it was very good, we are a little tired of Chinese food already. It is very different here in China. All resturants are Chinese. So it is just a given that it will be Chinese, just which of the billion ones will you go to. Bryan and I play guess what that is. One time I have to try it first and the next time he has to. It is way more fair that way.

After lunch we went to the Jade Factory. That was very interesting. They make everything there out of one piece of Jade. I made many pictures there. It was really neat to see where and how they made all the jewelry.

After this we went to the Great Wall of China. WOW...now that is something to see. I did walk a little ways up the wall (moma I thought of you the whole time), Bryan went very far up the Wall but I did not join him. We got some great pictures. It was so beautiful there.

Sometimes it really does get crazy here and Bryan has been so sweet. He makes sure that I am ok, and that nothing happens to me. He really is taking good care of me. He holds my hand the whole time as so we do not get separated in the large crowd of people. There seems to be a lot of stairs here everywhere. He makes sure that I do not fall. (we all know I am not good on stairs)

After this we went to dinner. It was a duck dinner. Not sure if i had any or not. I can never tell what I am eating. Bryan and I both where not to crazy about tonights dinner. Everything had bones in it. Yep..I said bones.

I made another successful day of NO squatty potty. Yeh!

Tomorrow's Intenary:. We where told just today that effective May 1st that all domestic flights in China have changed. Well aren't we lucky. We are now only allowed to carry one carry on with us, and all other must be checked. Now remember that we put all the heavy stuff in our carry on's as to not be over weight. Well look out, now...we have 4 bags to check, and we are so going to be over weight. The question is now, how much will this cost us. We have changed over more US money to Yuan just in case it gets expensive. If we have to make hard choices on what to keep at the airport, I guess that is just what we will do. I may be wearing the same outfit from now until 5/16...lol

We must be ready in the morning at 4:30AM China time. We will leave for the airport by 5AM. We have a 1 hour flight from Bejing to Shenyang, Liaoning.

Blessings,
We love you
Joy and Bryan

No comments: